THE WLTF MISSION
To foster improved abilities on the part of library trustees, Friends & advocates, in order to create better libraries and library services in Wisconsin.
WLTF MEMBERSHIP OFFERS:
- An opportunity to learn more about state library trends and services through publications issued by WLA and through attendance at workshops and conferences sponsored by WLTF.
- A resource to better evaluate and develop the local library by sharing information on the activities of library boards.
- A means of interaction with other trustees, advocates, and Friends.
- An opportunity to participate in WLTF projects and committees.
- Participation in both the Wisconsin Library Association and the WLTF.
WLTF MEMBER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- A Spring and Fall conference which brings public librarians, Friends, trustees & advocates together from around the state. A special day is held for advocates at both conferences.
- Special programs offered at the WLA state conference on public issues topics.
- Advocacy on issues unique to public libraries.
- The Wisconsin Library Association Directory & Handbook.
- A quarterly newsletter.
- Training and conference opportunities.
MEMBERSHIP IS EASY
Or, you can contact:
Wisconsin Library Association
4610 South Biltmore Lane, Suite 100
Madison, WI 53718-8345
Many Wisconsin libraries or systems pay for WLA membership on behalf of their
trustees & Friends because they recognize the benefits of belonging to the organization.
Participate to the best of your ability. WLTF is continually seeking suggestions and
assistance on a variety of library advocacy initiatives.