Library Legislative Day Registration Now Open!
Tuesday's elections brought control of the State Senate back to the Republicans and confirmed their continuing hold on the Assembly. Governor Walker will introduce his second state budget in early 2013, having survived a recall election. Against this backdrop, WLA announces its annual Library Legislative Day, February 5, 2013 at Best Western Inn on the Park, Madison.
We urge you to participate this year to make sure that we connect with freshmen legislators on library issues, and solidify support for libraries in both parties. We need all hands on deck during a budget year. Register for this important event today!
Major issues in 2013 include gaining support for:
- use of the University Service Fun for BadgerLink and other library services
- expanded funding for BadgerLink resources
- library access to sufficient, coordinated and affordable bandwidth
- funding for statewide delivery of library materials
Build Lasting Relationships with Elected Officials
Participate in Library Legislative Day to learn what is important to public officials and, in the process, position yourself as a resource on library issues.
Better yet, do your homework before February 5, so that you can frame library issues in terms your legislator can support: How do library services help people get jobs, improve our economy, support small businesses and improve educational outcomes?
Only you can tell your library's story in ways that will resonate with elected officials!
We Make It Easy!
- The legislative day committee makes appointments for you.
- We provide you with background information on key issues prior to the event.
- Our professional lobbyists and experienced legislative leaders brief you before your appointments.
- You'll get tips on having a successful appointment.
- You'll even get a map of the Capitol and be matched colleagues from your district!
Information about hotel accommodations and more are available on the Library Legislative Day web page. We can't wait to see you there!