The Wisconsin Association of Public Libraries (WAPL) represents the interests of public librarians, support staff, trustees, and friends representing public libraries throughout Wisconsin.
WAPL members join together to help each other grow professionally, to discuss common concerns and to act together on public library issues.
- To encourage the professional growth of librarians, cooperate in establishing opportunities for continuing education, and stimulate participation in professional organizations by public librarians.
- To enhance the quality of public library service
- To work toward a means for all persons in the state to have full access to knowledge and information through libraries.
- To promote the development of appropriate library staff skills.
- To promote public libraries
- To promote legislation and funding that enhance public library service.
- To create a forum for public library issues.
- To provide information about public library staff salaries
- To promote professional ethics.
- To encourage trustee education and development
Benefits to WAPL members include:
- Quarterly Communiqué newsletter featuring topics of special interest to public library staff.
- Discount at Annual Spring conference for public librarians and trustees.
- Programs at annual fall WLA conference of special interest to public library staff.
- Opportunities to network with other library staff in the state and benefit from exposure to their practices and policies.
- Membership incentives
- Scholarships to conferences
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills