As the academic library division of WLA, WAAL is also a state chapter of the Association of College & Research Libraries.
WAAL is dedicated to the improvement of library services to Wisconsin's academic and research community. Through its activities, committees, and publications, WAAL provides opportunities for professional development and personal growth to all who work in Wisconsin's college, university, and technical school libraries. Read about the history of WAAL.
WAAL Offers its Members Opportunities to:
- Formulate goals, objectives, policies, and practices for Wisconsin's academic libraries.
- Exchange information on new technologies, services, resources, and research.
- Support legislation of value to higher education and librarianship.
- Contact other academic library employees who may share similar interests and concerns.
- Strengthen educational programs in librarianship.
- Promote the use of library services and collections.
- Cooperate with other organizations and agencies, particularly those related to higher education and librarianship.
- Annual WAAL Spring Conference
- Workshops on topics of special interest
- WAAL programs at WLA Fall Conference
- Regular online WAAL Newsletter