Friday, January 13
9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
DeForest Public Library
This event is scheduled as a leadership requirement for all WLA committee chairs and unit chairs and chairs-elect, along with members of the WLA Board of Directors. (Other members may attend as our limited space allows. Please contact the WLA office for details.)
The session, led by President Jean Anderson, includes:
- overview of the things you’ll need to know during your leadership year
- a chance to discuss what makes a leader
- dialogue about WLA challenges and opportunities in the coming year
- a chance to get to know your leadership peers
- details about WLA conference program planning for 2017 (afternoon)
- Either you or someone else from your unit must attend to learn about conference programming details. If someone else from your unit will be in charge of programs and can attend, you need not attend the afternoon session. Please let us know who is attending this portion of the program.
A detailed agenda for the day will be emailed to each leader prior to the Leadership Conference.
We will provide a continental breakfast as well as lunch; please indicate on the registration form if you have any dietary restrictions. There is also an option for just attending the conference program planning session. Hotel accommodations are provided for those with lengthy travel distances (normally more than 2-3 hours).
If you have any questions, please call us at 608.245.3640.