Friday, December 7
9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
DeForest Area Public Library
This event is scheduled as a leadership requirement for all WLA committee chairs and unit chairs and chairs-elect, along with members of the WLA Board of Directors. (Other members may attend as our limited space allows. Please contact the WLA office for details.)
The session, led by President-elect Paula Ganyard, includes:
- overview of the things you’ll need to know during your leadership year
- a chance to discuss what makes a leader
- dialogue about WLA challenges and opportunities in the coming year
- a chance to get to know your leadership peers
- details about WLA conference program planning for 2013 (afternoon)
- Either you or someone else from your unit must attend to learn about conference programming details. If someone else from your unit will be in charge of programs and can attend, you need not attend the afternoon session. Please let us know who is attending this portion of the program.
A detailed agenda for the day will be emailed to each leader prior to the Leadership Conference.
The fee of $16 per person will cover the cost of a continental breakfast and lunch, which includes a vegetarian option. For those of you coming to the conference program planning session only (1:00-3:00 p.m.), there is no cost. You will also be reimbursed for your mileage at $.33 per mile. Hotel accommodations are provided for those with lengthy travel distances.
If you have any questions, please reply to this message or call us at 608.245.3640.