What is the Outreach Services Round Table (OSRT)
- In order to meet the changing needs of the community, it is becoming increasingly important to reach beyond the walls of the library and make services more accessible to the public. OSRT is an organization within the Wisconsin Library Association, Inc. (WLA) which promotes the exchange of ideas connected with providing library services beyond the library building.
Who Can Join?
- Membership is open to all WLA members.
- OSRT is especially useful to anyone who provides services to special populations or deals with outreach service programs such as bookmobile services, books-by-mail and home delivery services
What is the Purpose of OSRT?
- To serve as a clearinghouse for ideas on library services for special populations.
- To network with other agencies to identify populations which need outreach library services.
- To share information about specific types of outreach service programs including bookmobile services, books-by-mail and home delivery services.
What are the Benefits of Membership in OSRT?
- Receive the OSRT newsletter to stay abreast of outreach service issues.
- Provide input in planning programs for the WLA and WAPL conferences.
- Network with your peers and exchange information on outreach programs and projects.