Help WLA help Wisconsin's libraries!
Get involved in WLA's legislative program by:
- Volunteering to serve on the Library Development & Legislation or Library Legislative Day Committees
- Signing up to be a Library Champion to receive legislative alerts and news
- Getting to know your state legislators and their agendas
- Contacting legislators in response to calls to action
- Keeping informed about library legislative issues
The committee, which meets bimonthly to discuss current legislative issues and goals:
- Includes representatives from the Wisconsin Educational Media & Technology Association and a Federal Legislative Advocate to monitor and communicate about federal issues
- Hosts a program at the WLA Conference where member concerns and opinions are sought
- Recommends an annual legislative agenda and positions on specific issues to the WLA Board
- Periodically schedules meetings of library stakeholder organizations in the state to help accomplish legislative goals.
If new issues arise unexpectedly, the WLA President, in consultation with the LD&L Chair and Executive Director, may take positions on behalf of the association.