2013 WLA Conference Wrap-Up
For all who participated in the 2013 Wisconsin Library Association Conference at the Hyatt on Main, Green Bay, Wisconsin, we want to say – thank you!
What makes this a memorable conference will differ to each person who attended. From our keynote and featured speakers, presenters, vendors, librarians, trustees and library lovers in general, we hope each of you walked away with something new and exciting to bring back to your libraries, businesses and homes. We tried some new stuff and hopefully hit the mark. Just to name a few - center stage in the exhibit hall featured some great presentations including a great makers segment; program tracks with color coded sheets in the welcome packets; awards recognition and reception; Librarians Rock WLAF fundraiser (and roof-raiser); and our very own boopsie app.
Couldn’t make the conference, or simply want to relive some special moments? From the star-studded Battledecks/Craftdecks to the infamous Pub Crawl, not to worry, here is a direct link to some photos on flickr:http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDXHZZT
Please note all handouts received to-date are now on the conference website under Program Handouts. Still have handouts not on the site; no problem, please send to the WLA office, attention Brigitte Rupp Vacha – email@example.com .
A huge thank you to all on behalf of the 2014 Conference Planning Committee and the Wisconsin Library Association staff, for coming to Play, Create and Innovate!
Welcome to Play. Create. Innovate! - the 2013 WLA annual conference!
We look forward to seeing you in Green Bay next week! Here are some bits and pieces you'll need to be aware of before your trip.
Keep track of what's happening at the conference by following us...
https://twitter.com/WisconsinLibs (Conference hashtag = #WLA13)
http://www.flickr.com/groups/2143102@N21/ (Includes posters for all of the conference special events!)
Get the App!
Thanks to the generosity of Boopsie, we have a fantastic mobile app for the conference! Using the app, you can...
- Review the complete list of programs and activities
- Select programs and activities for your own list
- Search by favorite speakers or program title
- Browse a list of exhibitors and make your own list of exhibitors you want to see
- Discover local restaurants Watch Twitter to see what people are saying about the conference.
Get the app today and be ready when you arrive at the conference!
Toys for Tots
Librarians love to share, so in that spirit of sharing, please consider donating to Toys for Tots at the conference! Donation boxes will be set up Tuesday through Friday near the Registration Desk. Please donate new toys for girls and boys ages 12 and under. (Toys for Tots prefers not to accept realistic looking weapons and gifts with food.) Help us make a difference in our conference-host-community! See you in Green Bay!
Work Zones and Detours - Northeast Region
There's a lot of construction going on around Green Bay, so be sure to check DOT Travel Information before you come! The Leo Frigo Memorial Bridge is closed due to a recent issue, so plan to avoid that on your route.
- Free WiFi will be available - password free!
- Courtesy computers will be available
- Pepsi facility - bring your own Coke products
- Show your conference ID badge and photo ID at the downtown Green Bay YMCA and use their facilities for free Tuesday through Friday. Sign in and you're all set! (Limited exercise facilities available at the Hyatt on Main, as well!)
- If hotel parking is full, there is a parking ramp across the street from the KI Convention Center with skywalk access to the hotel and Convention Center
- Starbucks products on site
- Name badges will be required for Titletown Tailgate Party on Tuesday night!
- Limited meal tickets will be available at the Registration Desk