The WLA Foundation Silent Auction will be celebrating its 16th Anniversary at the 2015 WLA Conference! Browse for gifts, while admiring the creative talents of your peers (and show off your own talents & treasures by donating an item). The Silent Auction is a fun and social way to support Wisconsin libraries: proceeds benefit the WLA Foundation!
To celebrate Sweet 16, we are offering a special prize: for each item you bid on, your name will be entered into a drawing for an iPad Mini 16GB! *see below for more details
Shop the Auction in the Madison Marriott West Exhibit Hall during the 2015 WLA Conference:
Wednesday, November 4: 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, November 5: 8:30 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.
The auction closes at Thursday at 3:30 p.m. - Pick up and pay goes from 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Payment options include cash, check or credit card
Please consider donating an item to the auction (The silent auction relies on donations from WLA Members and friends!).
How to donate: Just fill out our brief online submission form: http://bit.ly/1BUMwq0
FAQ: What should I donate?
- Here are example of past donations, for inspiration: Photos from the 2014 Silent Auction
- Themed baskets
- Fine arts, including jewelry, yarn & fabric creations, paintings, pottery
- Products or services (story hour, consulting)
- Entertainment, restaurant or hotel packages
- Collectibles, antiques and memorabilia
- Gourmet treats, like beer and chocolate
- Items valued at $50 or higher in value are encouraged
FAQ: Will my donation be tax-deductible?
- Yes, donated items are tax-deductible as charitable contributions at their actual value:
- WLA will mail receipts to all contributors after completion of the auction
- WLA Foundation owns the items once contributed
FAQ: How will donors be acknowledged?
- On the item’s bid sheet and on the receipt provided to the winning bidder
- On the WLA Website
- On WLA and WLA Conference social media
- On the Poster at the Silent Auction
- (Or you can choose to remain anonymous if you prefer)
Details for iPad Mini 16G Drawing:
For each item you bid on during the auction, your name will be entered into the drawing (but only once per each item). Your bid must be at least as high as the suggested price. If there are already bids on the item, your bid must be higher than the previous bid, by the suggested bid increment.
RandomPicker.Com will be used to conduct the drawing. The winner of the drawing will be notified by email before 10 am on the morning of Friday, November 6, 2015. If the winner of the drawing is not present at the conference at that time, the iPad will be mailed to their home address.
Please let me know if you have further questions about donating to / shopping at the Silent Auction. Thank you so much for supporting the WLA Foundation & Wisconsin libraries!
Coordinator of 2015 Silent Auction