The WLAF Silent Auction returns for the 2013 WLA Conference in Green Bay. Proceeds benefit the Campaign for Wisconsin Libraries. To make the auction a success, we need your help!
Do you find yourself creating handcrafted items that you don’t have room for at home? Cook or bake? Why not donate these items to the WLAF auction – we’d love to put your items out for bids! Take a look at our contributors’ guidelines, and then complete the donation form.
Whether you bring your items with you to the conference (preferred method) or send them to the WLA office (if you won’t be attending the Conference this year)please let us know in advance what you will be contributing by completing and sending us a copy of the form.A digital photo of your auction item(s) would be a real bonus!
Suggested Handmade Items, including but not limited to
- Handcrafted jewelry, paintings, sculpture, pottery, photography, basketry
- Handcrafted knit, crochet, needlework,, or quilted items
- Coupon for pie or bakery, gourmet meal or picnic basket
- DIY Theme baskets (a great and economical gift donation for library staff to create collectively!)
- Your name listed on bid sheet and on the receipt provided to the winning bidder.
- Recognition listing on the conference website auction information and on the Foundation website
Guidelines for Contributors
- Please donate items that are $50 or higher in value
- Items are tax-deductible as charitable contributions at their actual value
- WLAF owns the items once contributed
How to Contribute
The preferred method is to bring your item(s) with you to Conference! If you do this, please send us the completed contribution form and, if possible, a digital photo so we have advance notice of the items to expect at the auction.You can also deliver your contribution to the WLA office via mail or SCLS delivery service (no later than October 14, 2013, please) if you can’t make it to the Conference. Our office facility is small, so even though our gratitude for your donations is HUGE, space for storing them is at a bare minimum!WLAF will mail receipts to all contributors after the auction.
Thanks so much for contributing...we look forward to seeing you in Green Bay!
Silent Auction Hours @ the Conference
The Silent Auction will be available at the following times in the KI Convention Center, Ballroom A1 during the conference.
- Wednesday, October 23rd, 8:30AM to 4:30PM
- Wednesday, October 23rd, 8:00PM to 11:00PM during the Librarians Rock! WLAF Fundraiser
- Thursday, October 24th, 8:30AM to 3:30PM
- Pick up and pay at 3:30PM on Thursday!