The Association of Wisconsin Special Librarians (AWSL) is a division of the Wisconsin Library Association. Established in October 1986, AWSL has two purposes:
- To focus on the activities and issues of special libraries and librarianship
- To provide a forum for exchange of ideas among persons involved with special libraries.
Who can Join AWSL?
Membership is open to all WLA members who are special librarians or who have an interest in special libraries. Anyone who maintains a specialized collection of materials -- whether it's one person maintaining a collection of brochures in a small office or a trained and certified librarian managing the materials of a church, museum, prison, hospital, corporation, foundation, newspaper, government office, or other organization -- is considered a special librarian.
AWSL Membership Benefits:
- Apply for the AWSL Scholarship to attend the Wisconsin Library Association Annual Conference.
- Advance your career and develop as a professional by helping AWSL as an officer, committee member, or planner of conferences and continuing education programs.
- Gather with peers at occasional social outings organized by AWSL.
Join AWSL Today!