This annual scholarship is available to applicants meeting the following criteria:
- Current or permanent Wisconsin resident
- Admitted to a master’s degree program in library and information science or in library media at a Wisconsin school during the coming academic year beginning with the fall term as a part-time or full-time student.
Application Form (due July 17)
Applicants must submit a completed application form. If any information requested cannot be submitted via the online form, please forward to:
Scholarship Committee Chair
WLA Foundation, Inc.
4610 South Biltmore Lane, Suite 100
Madison, WI 53718-2153
Applicants will be notified by email. The scholarship recipient will be announced at the annual WLA fall meeting.
Scholarship Amount ($1,400 in 2017)
The scholarship’s monetary award varies and is based on funds available from the WLA Foundation, Inc. The recipient may receive the scholarship only once.
Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of:
- Experience and background in library and library-related work
- Career plans in the library profession
- Need and desire for the scholarship
- Past academic performance
Affirmative action and equal opportunity principles will be applied. Racial or ethnic minorities, women and disabled persons are encouraged to apply and may identify themselves as such if they wish.