If you're not sure of your renewal date, please check your online profile.
- Personal (individual) Membership:
- Student - Joint ALA/WLA Membership (must be processed through ALA):
- Institutional Membership (Nonprofit, corporate, library or library-related organization)
- WLA Foundation Giving
Benefits of Membership
- Enhance your legislative knowledge and advocacy skills, and support initiatives to improve library service and funding in Wisconsin.
- Connect with library professionals and other leaders. Build your personal contact list online and in person to help solve day-to-day challenges and celebrate successes.
- Meet professional challenges and develop your career path with an abundance of leadership and continuing education opportunities, including WLA and unit conferences.
- Be part of something bigger! Support the profession and a worthy cause. Your dues payment is WLA's most important source of financial support, and having a large membership boosts WLA's credibility with elected officials and others who affect libraries and the profession.
More for members only
- Discounts on conference registration, exhibits, advertising, and more! (Libraries with institutional memberships can send one non-member staff person to conferences at the member rate.)
- WLA e-newsletter
- Access to e-lists based on your unit or other special interests
- Access to online directory of Wisconsin library personnel and supporters
- Membership in up to three special interest units (institutional members get membership in all units of their choice)
- Individual/personal members may vote in WLA elections and hold elected or appointed office.
- AAA Member Benefit: get discounts on membership, renewal or insurance.
- Membership Dues
Individuals currently employed in a library pay dues calculated at $3.00 per $1,000 of wages. Minimum is $50.00; maximum is $250.00.
Unemployed or retired library workers, trustees or Friends: $50.00
Full-time students pursuing a Master's in library science (joint ALA/WLA membership): $38.
- Corporations (for profit): $200
- Non-profits (including Friends groups): $75
- Libraries and library-related organizations pay based on budget:
|Up to $49,499||$ 63.00|
|$50,000 to $99,999:||$102.00|
|$100,000 to $249,999:||$152.00|
|$250,000 to $499,999:||$191.00|
|$500,000 to $999,999:||$224.00|
|$1,000,000 and over:||$255.00|